1. Inspired to reread The Philosophy of Andy Warhol after reading this article.
1. Reading this piece helped me to process the pandemic by attaching words to the whirdwind of emotions and void that I’ve been feeling
But recognition of one’s own good fortune does not keep loneliness at bay…I felt lackadaisical and hazy…in an instant, the people we were casually dating—many of whom we had already deemed incompatible, and no doubt vice versa—were the people we were stuck with.
I had never felt so much a part of history before, nor understood so acutely how little there was to separate us from the men and women of the past, how we had always just been people.
The days continued to pass, and it became increasingly difficult to distinguish between them. Friends would call, and we couldn’t remember whether we had spoken two hours or two weeks ago. The virus colored everything, giving birth to alien emotions, blurring boundaries between the real and the imagined.
I have been alone for over a month as I write this. One by one, all my future plans have been canceled, and it has come to seem of little consequence whether I will be quarantined through May or November or the following May.
Every day I talk to friends across the country and the globe, collecting their own tales of quarantine—the virus has invaded human life the way it does the human body, it seems, latching on and wreaking havoc.
1. Interesting list of professions. “Personal Data Broker,” “Personal Memory Curator,” “Data Trash Engineer,””Algorithm Bias Auditor,” “Head of Machine Personality Design,” and “Chief Purpose Planner” piqued my interest.
2. Drinking water may be overrated but it’s much needed during pregnancy.
3. Agreed that complaining is how we communicate and build bonds. I just need to ensure that it’s not about the same thing all the time and that I also have a productive outlet with actionable resolutions.
4. Gig economy impacting all sectors of society — but is it sustainable to work in such state when all benefits are tied to companies?
5. Sad turn of events — even the princess Meagan Markle cannot steer away from racism.
6. Maybe I should consider data product management role in the travel industry down the road.
1. Comfort and convenience have a lot of consequences that I’ve been blind to. Who would’ve imagine Amazon delivery boxes taking over NYC sidewalks!