Parasite – 5/5
The best movie of the year for me. So many unexpected twists and turns. What I thought was going to be a low key movie about a poor family infiltrating a rich family to earn a living turned out to be a strange tragedy in the end. So glad that I went to the theaters to enjoy it!
The Green Book – 4.5/5
Sadness and hope packaged into one! What a fascinating true story and great to see that the two were friends for life.Read More »
1. Online cesspool is looking more and more like today’s society at large plagued with inequality.
2. The results are in : gig economy sucks for workers.Read More »
1. Comfort and convenience have a lot of consequences that I’ve been blind to. Who would’ve imagine Amazon delivery boxes taking over NYC sidewalks!
2. Art can be found anywhere, if you look hard enough. And yes, pancake art is a thing!Read More »
1. I know that I need to invest more time for my second career but I’ve failed to practice writing— need to put those ideas on to paper before the year is over.
2. Agreed that dinner is just another way to get together with friends — not a formal event to “host” and “entertain” guests.Read More »
1. I was an idiot thinking that paying in dollars when I travelled abroad was saving money. Good thing that I know now that it’s best to pay in local currency, even if merchants try to convince you otherwise.
2.Good reminder that I work hard to have choices in life, and I need to actively try hard not to fall into the “keeping up with the Jones” trap.Read More »