1. Sad but painstaking true depiction of my workplace.
2. Reminder to embrace my own contradictions and rough edges, because that’s what makes us human — and relatable.
…even though our contradictions are part of being human, we are ashamed to expose them…It’s when we can show all sides and recognise the tension we all have, that we can begin to explore the tension – and explore being human.
3. What a weird loophole in air surveillance, enabling military style surveillance in our own backyard — literally and figuratively.
4. Finally, an article that talks about societal benefits of rising single people.
5. Santorini flooded by Asian couples taking pre-wedding photos was waiting to happen. I’m just glad that I wasn’t pressured by this when I planned my wedding four years ago!
6. Loving Ruth Reichl’s memoir of her time as Gourmet magazine’s editor in chief.
7. Done is better than perfect. No matter how often I remind myself of this, I always hesitate on getting some things done.
Recognizing that inflection point — the point at which our continuing to rework our work reaches a law of diminishing returns — is one of the hardest skills to learn, but also one of the most necessary.