Friction. I get bogged down when there’s more than one are of friction, whether it be work, life, personal, etc.
And I feel so down and helpless when people and/or processes bog me down. A sample of incidents that brought me down include
- My manager continuing to criticize me because she has no idea what is going on and sends me blocks of text with weirdly detailed requests.
- When the friendly clerk at the apostille office tells me that my power of attorney documentation isn’t complete and that I need to go to a different office to authenticate.
- When customer support at Herman Miller is asking me for additional photos of their faulty chair that I already packed to return.
- When my sister asks for details / info that I don’t have because this is the first time for me too.
- When a recruiter, who first reached out to see if I was interested in a role, asks me why there is a gap in my work history.
Today was one of those days when the last thing I wanted to do was be productive.
Waiting to meet a new mentor at the lobby for ten minutes feels like an eternity when you are trying to impress them.
Reminds me of dating days.