1. Sensible financial advice to keep mindful of, especially the one below.
Buy a collection of low-cost investments like index funds, which will track different certain segments of the stock and bond markets, that provide exposure to businesses around the world. The most important factor is coming up with the right mix of aggressive investments (stocks) and conservative ones (bonds) that you can stomach…
2. Self kindness and compassion is hard but worth embracing. Think about the following questions to overcome failure.
- What’s the worst that can happen?
- Then, can you deal with that outcome? What resources do you have to handle it?
- What are some possible benefits of your failure, even if the situation doesn’t work out?
Read More »
1. Hollywood is starting to re-examine the stereotypical bad feminist boss — but jury’s still.
Often they are conceived of as good at their jobs but bad at being human, like Miranda Priestly of “The Devil Wears Prada.” Though they are pitched as evidence of feminist progress, they don’t act like feminists. And their preferred targets are young women who hope, some day, to claim power, too.
The ruthlessly competent ladyboss gets a bad rap. But perhaps the more troublesome archetype is that of the bright young woman who rises to power without compromising her values at all. She makes it seem as if all of the problems of power can be neatly resolved by one plucky individual.
2. Airdrop is the new location based social networking app for teenagers.Read More »
1. Imposter syndrome is everywhere, including race!
But when your racial background is complicated, that inability to put a simple label on yourself can make searching for who you are even more confusing because, in a way, you’re discouraged from searching. I’ve been pushed out of groups, and my membership questioned. People feel free to choose labels for me. This makes it hard to form a true sense of self.
2. How to finally write that non-fiction book.Read More »
1. Google’s shadow work force is real and problematic. However, future seems bleak for these contractors.
2. Kids and parents are both addicted to smart phones. Who are we kidding? Everyone is addicted!Read More »
I wasn’t able to accurately distinguish between pain and unpleasant feeling. As I was getting my teeth cleaned, I wondered if I often mis-attribute negative feelings as pain.
Proven multi-tasking combinations
- Online shopping during conference calls, where I’m not an active participant
- Scrolling IG feed during online training
Read More »