1. Should I even hope for a world without biases? The more the more I think about it, the more I feel like we are fighting an uphill battle.
2. A good list of five lies that our culture likes to tell. Yet, I have a hard time stop believing in these statements.
- Career success is fulfilling
- I can make myself happy
- Life is an individual journey
- You have to find your own truth
- Rich and successful people are worth more than poorer and less successful people
Read More »
1. Netflix’s competitive set is sleep?
2. A powerful view about how we consume ideas today and why that needs to change.
This is flooding (a term I just coined, so I would know): the practice of unleashing a mass torrent of the same stories by the same storytellers at the same time, making it almost impossible for anyone but the same select few to rise to the surface.
But this infinite cycle of death and renewal is the perfect metaphor for what has actually happened to monoculture in a world that runs on social media, which is that each week it is resurrected around something new, for a brief period, with all the loudest voices in attendance, before expiring again, only to coalesce the next week around something else.
We choose virality instead — repackaged, reshaped, shareable versions of what has come before — and equate it to quality because of its resonance…This isn’t quality, or real diversity; it’s familiarity.
Read More »
1. A realistic list of self-love worth trying!
2. Google Docs is the new note-passing method.Read More »