Dreaming of the tropics as we get through the frigid winter.
1. $10 million dollar launch parties is outrageous! Other than that, the upcoming IPO craze sounds like everyday SF. Glad that I live on the other better coast.
2. What an impressive profile of an influential executive at Facebook. Note to self: try to follow her career.
3. Raw and honest depiction of what it means to fail at a start-up and how one can rise above it.
It doesn’t matter how amazing your product is, or how fast you ship features. The market you’re in will determine most of your growth.
Seeking the non-binary
4. Still shocked at what Elizabeth Holmes was able to do with Theranos and basically scam everyone for about a decade. The Dropout really did the story justice and I was hooked from the first episode!
5.Disturbing yet smart way of using our location data. Stories like this makes me wonder if I need to look for a flip phone.
6. Stories like women inventing and making butter to make the farm profitable in the 1800s, only to be seized by men, makes my blood boil. When will we all be equals?
7. Had no idea that all the plastic trash went to China — what’s going to happen with our waste now?