At work, the week flew by. At home, the week crawled.
Can’t wait for my husband to come back. Six days felt like it was forever. I have no idea how we survived as long distance couple.
The loneliness was magnified this time around. With that said, below are interesting reads of the last couple of days.
1. Emotionally detaching from work is a good thing. And remembering that I’m more than my job.
2. Greeting cards’ expensive price tag explained.
3. Practice mental and personality flexibility to prepare for the future.
I don’t have a smartphone. My attention is one of the most important resources I have, and the smartphone is constantly trying to grab my attention. There’s always something coming in.
The better you know yourself, the more protected you are from all these algorithms trying to manipulate you.
I rarely follow the kind of day-to-day news cycle…So I miss a lot of things, but I’m not a politician and I’m not a journalist, so I guess it’s okay I don’t follow every latest story.
4. Fascinated but not surprised that that Jesse Jackson ’88 T-shirt is the it-shirt in Korea.
6. Modern history of protection agency.
For as long as there have been people at the top, there have been knights, samurai, somatophylakes, housecarls, Varangians, and Praetorian Guards cast in the role of personal protectors.
7. Zagat’s everlasting influence, even in the digital era.
Photo by Jason Hafso on Unsplash