Majority of the links are about reading. Maybe my subconscious is telling me to abandon the internet and to read books that were delivered from Book Depository today.
Although shipping from Book Depository takes longer than Amazon, I love shopping from there. The cover designs are nicer, the prices are cheaper and they even include a bookmark in the shipment!
Interesting reads about books, reading and authors below!
1. Am I losing deep reading ability?
2. There’s nothing wrong with dedicating weekends to TVs. No justification needed.
3. Schulz’s Charlie Brown will always be relevant.
4. Interesting profile of Haruki Murakami. Kafka took two attempts, a decade apart, I wonder how many it’ll take for me to enjoy Murakami.
It makes sense that Murakami’s work might prove popular in times of political anxiety: it exerts an entrancing, sometimes almost sedative effect on the reader, the strangeness of the plot developments dampened by an emotional flatness that can feel like a comforting refuge from the real world and its extremes.
“No, I’m not a storyteller. I’m a story watcher.”
5.Encouraging list of writers who started out later in life. My life goal is to be included in one of these lists before I die.
6. Why self-assessment isn’t accurate,.
…people’s coworkers are better than they are at recognizing how their personality will affect their job performance.
The first rule of intelligence: Don’t talk about your intelligence. It’s something you prove, not something you claim