What a tiring weekend! We went upstate with a couple of friends and didn’t realize how hard motherhood is. Being around two little babies made me grateful of the freedom that my husband and I have now.
It was a good weekend to make me realize how nice it is to be sleep in late, eat out at restaurants without having to deal with kids. Although I wasn’t able to catch up on a lot of my weekend reads, below are some that I found interesting throughout the week.
1. I welcome JOMO with open arms and the article helped me to realize that I don’t need to respond to every email and request in a timely manner and need to be selfish about my time.
2. Another article that reminds me the importance of having friends that uplift me in my lift.
In Okinawa, Japan, a place where the average life expectancy for women is around 90, the oldest in the world, people form a kind of social network called a moai — a group of five friends who offer social, logistic, emotional and even financial support for a lifetime.
“In general you want friends with whom you can have a meaningful conversation,” he said. “You can call them on a bad day and they will care. Your group of friends are better than any drug or anti-aging supplement, and will do more for you than just about anything.”
3. Did you know that “glamping” is a popular thing among urbanites?
4. Is shaming the best way to govern? China is testing it!
5. I feel duped to find out that all the IG photos that I’v been inspiring are “plandids.”
6. Will co-working spaces take over the city? According to this article, maybe.
7. It never occurred to me that everybody has accents!