I’ve been trying hard publish three posts per week since I started this blog early this year, but it’s proving to be an unrealistic goal for me.
I have a full-time job, a side hustle of building a beauty brand, a social life and this blog. Instead of giving up completely, I’m just going to tweak my expectations and goals, to free myself from self-induced guilt and dread. Below are the changes that you’ll see on this blog.
- Publish one, instead of three post per week
- Focus on “sharing is caring” series so that I can digest and make note of interest reads throughout the week.
- Publish “sharing is caring” post on Sundays, instead of Fridays, to give myself the weekend to read through recommended readings and decide on my favorite.
Without a further ado, below are some of the interesting reads that grabbed my attention this week.
1. Benefits of going back to a paper and pen planner are real, especially because “paper constrains the number of tasks you can plan on in one go.”
2. Maybe I too can retire in my 30s my living a frugal life, like this couple from Vermont.
A frugal life is a creative life and one that’s devoid of clutter, both physical and mental, and absent any boredom.
3. Interesting reads on how marketers are trying to detect fake IG accounts and the rise of Spotify playlist black market. I guess there’s always someone out there who’s trying to game the system to make a buck.
4. For those writing cover-letters to jump ship, this dude just upped the ante with his viral Sprite commercial.
6. “For high-priority projects: Start at the end, not the beginning” and other ways to be productive.